Who Can Attend CSS?
Students living in the state of North Carolina who are in good standing in their current schools are eligible to enroll in Charlotte Secondary School. It is important to remember, however, that every child’s academic needs are different. And, because every school’s programs and resources vary, parents and students should carefully evaluate a potential school to ensure a good fit between the child’s abilities and the school’s educational philosophy and curriculum. CSS strongly encourages parents to attend an Open House and review all prospective family materials.
We encourage prospective parents and students to come and see CSS for themselves.
Tours are currently suspended.
For tours & open house information, please contact Amanda at email@example.com
Due to School Closures, please download an application and return by email to our registrar, Ms. Tammy Williams:
Once completed, applications can be dropped off or faxed to the school at 704-295-0156. All applications must be signed; we cannot accept an unsigned application, regardless of its delivery method. Applications will be date and time stamped when received. The Lottery will occur on March 10, 2020. Applications received after this date will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which they are received.
Charlotte Secondary School’s core principals are as follows:
- A fundamental purpose of public education is to maintain and advance our democratic society
- A rigorous college preparatory education is the best preparation for civic participation, post-secondary education and the modern workplace
- Diversity is not merely desirable; it is necessary for the accomplishment of our mission
- A good education should be personalized and engage the whole person
- Our teachers will be competent, caring professionals who will grow along with our students
- Family and community engagement is essential for academic achievement
- A school is always a work in progress; we will pursue continuous improvement through self-assessment and evidence-based practices.