A Key to Your Child’s Success
Parent involvement can improve students’ behavior, attendance, and achievement. At Charlotte Secondary, we strive to foster high-quality, successful parent involvement. Here, you will find some links to help you stay connected, informed and involved with your child’s education. Whether you need to access your child’s grades or you are looking for a form or policy information, our parent page is your one-stop place.
Southwest Educational Development Laboratory (SEDL ) found that students with involved parents, no matter their income or background, are more likely to:
- Earn higher grades and test scores, and enroll in higher-level programs
- Be promoted, pass their classes and earn credits
- Attend school regularly
- Have better social skills, show improved behavior and adapt well to school
- Graduate and go on to post-secondary education
Each family at CSS is asked to fulfill 10 “Fair Share” hours per year. Here are a few ways you can fulfill your commitment to CSS:
- Sign up to help pass out lunches
- Volunteer to drive on field trips
- Donate items requested by teachers for class projects
- Proctor during exams & EOG tests
- Attend PTO Socials and Academic Seminar Nights (credit given for attending 3 per year)
- Solicit donations to raise funds for school incentives
- Be a guest speaker
What Else Can I Do?
Community Rewards Info
Harris Teeter school code, 7205, and your VIC card when you check out, and you will be linked for the school year. Or you may go online to www.HarrisTeeter.com
Shopping on Amazon? Please use the Amazon Smile page and earn rewards for CSS. smile.amazon.com
Food Lion Please visit www.foodlion.com Our school code is 212684.
Target Visa® or Target Red Card Simply visit the Target customer service desk, www.target.com/tcoe or call 1-800-316-6142 to designate Charlotte Secondary PTO as your school choice by giving them our school code, 126714.
“Box Tops for Education” program.
You may also place your box tops in the PTO drop box located in the front lobby any time throughout the school year. Start clipping!
Please remember to ask your family, friends, and neighbors to “clip” and “link” in order to help us raise as much money for Charlotte Secondary PTO as possible. With everyone’s help, we are sure to make this the best school year yet!
Thank you so much for your support!