Charlotte Secondary Student Portal
At CSS, our students are our greatest strength. They are the life of our school and the focus of all our time and energy. Here students will find helpful policies, forms and guidelines.
CSS Dress Code
Embracing individuality can increase self awareness and confidence – welcomed qualities at CSS. However, our contributions we make as individuals must foster an inclusive learning environment. Clothing that is inappropriate in a public school setting, or that is worn in an inappropriate manner shall be evaluated by administration for the purposes of creating a positive and welcoming instructional environment. The following expectations include but aren’t limited to:
- Shorts and skirts are an acceptable length.
- Clothing, jewelry, button, patches, or any other items with words, phrases, symbols, pictures, or signs which use indecent, profane, suggestive, or inflammatory words, or promote drugs or alcohol or illegal activity of any kind are prohibited. Any dress or attire that local law enforcement officials deem gang-related shall not be worn.
- Muscle shirts, undershirts, tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, tops with spaghetti straps, see-through blouses, fishnet tops, low-cut blouses and bare midriffs are prohibited. Female students may wear sleeveless blouses as long as the armhole is not loose and the strap is two inches wide or wider.
- Sleepwear and bike shorts are not permitted.
- Sunglasses may be worn indoors only with written recommendation of a physician.
- Physically revealing, exposing, or provocative clothing is prohibited.
- Loose and/or sagging pants, slacks, and shorts falling below the waist are prohibited. Pants may not sag, even if shorts are worn underneath.
Cell Phone Policy
- Students are not permitted to use phones or other devices in class.
- Students must put their cell phone in the phone holder upon entering EVERY classroom. If a cell phone is visible during class time, the student will report to the front office.
- Students may use their devices in between class, before/after school, and during lunch only.
- Infractions of the CSS (school wide) cell phone policy will be subject to the following consequences.
If a student’s phone is visible during class time, the student will be instructed to report to administration at which time the phone will be turned in to the front office.
- 1st infraction: Parent/guardian will be contacted to retrieve/sign the phone out.
- 2nd infraction will result in ISS
- 3rd infraction will result in OSS
Student Parking Information
We offer our older students the option to drive to and park at school. The CSS campus has a limited amount of reserved parking space for our student drivers. Parking privileges for not carry forward from one year to the next. Student parking permits will be issued by the front office annually on a first-come basis.
General Information about Student Parking Spots:
Only students with valid driving credentials are authorized to drive.
Eligible drivers must have a 2.5 GPA at the end of school year and must maintain it each quarter/semester thereafter.
Cost of a parking permit is $25.00.
The Parking Registration Form can be found here. This is only required for student drivers who would like a parking spot on campus.